Yeah it is indeed the 1st of Feb, lots of new plans for the upcoming month, for the near approaching exams, the season of marriages, Basant Panchmi, of course not to forget the Valentine’s Day, and lots more. After all, “khush hai zamaana aaj pehli taareekh hai”
But not to forget the previous month, the beginner of the New Year, which filled the welcome of 2011 with many reasons of happiness and pride, as well as many mixed feelings for the entire Udaipur, and the Udaipies as well.l Lets have a quick flashback of the month we left behind yesterday.
Parties and celebrations were at their extreme. With many mixed feelings and memories of 2010, Udaipur welcomed 2011 with a great vigour. Also, the Year 2011 began with great news to rejoice. Rajasthan won the national level kick- boxing tournament held in Udaipur. Almost all of the Udaipur was excited to host a series of events to be held in the next few weeks of global repute.
- It began with the hosting of the International Kites Festival 2011, in the first week of January.It was a three day festival which was held at the Maharana Bhupal Stadium (Gandhi Ground) from 5th to 7th Jan 2011. Every eye was on the sky, which was full with vivid colours and cultures from as many as 10 countries across the world, in Udaipur.
- In the next few days after its completion, the entire Udaipur was engaged into the preparation for the 16th National Youth Festival 2011. Every roads, every nook and corner of the city was shining like a newly built palace.
- Finally the day came. 12th of January and the entire India came into life at the opening ceremony of the 16th National Youth Festival in the Gandhi ground.There were many cultural events, competitions, evening shows, heart throbbing stunts by the Army, and lots more.There was a spectacular performance by the Indian Air Force and the Indian Army on the closing ceremony.
- A remarkable news that can never be forgotten here is the struggle between life and death by Narayan Tomar, a worker at the Devas Tunnel Project who was struck at his workplace for many days. Every Udaipie prayed for him, and finally every prayer was heard. Narayan was successfully taken out of the tunnel by several hours of continuous rescue operation.
- The Mohan Kumar Mangalam football tournament 2011 was held at Zawar Mines this year from 23rd to 31st January. This is a National Level football championship, held every year. Team Dehradun won over the Mumbai team in the finals after a very interesting match, and was the champion for the MKM 2011
- Udaipur also hosted the Inter-University boxing championship, in both men’s and women’s categories.
- We all remembered Ganhiji, his principles and all the sacrifices by freedom fighters, and despite of the cable TVs’ or the DTH installed in our homes, all switched on to the DoorDarshan on the 26th Jan, our 62nd Republic day, with a patriotic feeling in our minds, and to salute the Great Indian Flag. A huge crowd too gathered at the Gandhi ground, where the Flag was hoisted by renowned dignitaries.
- January 2011 came up with many reasons of happiness for the entire UdaipurBlog Team, one of which was UB founder celebrated his 18th Birthday on 25th of January.
This was beginning of 2011 only. For more Photographs on the above news, do visit our Facebook fanpage. And there are lot more stuffs yet to enter Udaipur and our lives as well. That was all for the moment. Team UdaipurBlog will be back with more news and surprises in the upcoming times. Keep liking, sharing and supporting.