Train with the best: Leo Martial Arts Academy
Martial arts are combat or fighting practices, which are practiced for various reasons such as self-defense, military and law enforcement applications, mental and spiritual development and much more.
It is said that to develop spiritual health and to be physically and mentally fit, martial arts must be practiced. It disciplines an individual and inculcates a feeling of self-confidence and helps endure physical strain. There are various institutes which provide training in martial arts. In the City of Lakes, one such academy is Leo Ryu Hon Dojo or Leo Martial Art Academy.
About Leo Martial Art Academy
The Academy is established by (Renshi) Mukesh Sukhwal who acquired his training from Malaysia under his master Sokie Hanshi Grand Master K. Ananthan. He started his journey in this field when he was 8 years old and is pursuing teaching since 2002. His team, under his able guidance, has won several awards and honors in various tournaments across the world in the field of Martial arts. He as well as his team is proficient in Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, Kobudo, Aikedo etc.
The Objective of the Leo Martial Art Academy
The sole objective of the Leo Martial Art Academy is to train children and adults especially girls who fall under the unprivileged category and cannot afford such training. For such entrant, the academy shall organize free camps for martial arts training all round the year. As this art teaches to be physical, mental and spiritually tough; the academy strives to empower young girls and women so that they can find themselves strong enough to withstand societal pressure.
What is taught in the Academy?
The Leo Martial Arts Academy teaches various martial art techniques along with Yoga to balance out the aggression of the art. Each candidate is taught to discipline themselves like a cadet.
Karate, power yoga, aerobics, cardio and cross fit training are the main feature of the course. Apart from these, Judo, Taekwondo, Kobudo, Aikedo are also taught. Kobudo is an art that falls under the weapon training category.
- 14 Medals in Taekwondo Nationals
- Medals in Malaysia-Asian Goju-Ryu Karate-do Federation
- 156 Medals in international open tournaments
- 44 medals in 3rd Mt. Everest Shito-Ryu International Karate Competition
- 115 medals in Open South Asian and World cup of Karate
- 2 Medals in International Taekwondo Championship
- Recently 6 Medals in Asian Karate championship in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) in 2016
- 2 Medals in B. K. C. International Karate Championship in Indonesia including Asian, South Asian, & Open world cup Sub-junior Championship
Facilities at the academy:
- Olympic level mats
- 1600 square feet area for training
- Best weapons for Kobudo Training
- Camp organized from California and Indonesia for academy students
- Time to time camp under Sokie Hanshi Grand Master K. Ananthan (last held in 2014)
- Students are provided with a natural diet chart
- Free year-round camp for underprivileged girls
Martial arts teach self-defense and can improve confidence and self-esteem. When used as exercise, martial arts can improve balance, strength, stamina, flexibility, and posture. The art itself may be used as an aid to attaining enlightenment, to get proper training and discipline in the same domain one should always opt for something exhibiting quality and excellence. Leo Ryu Hon Dojo Academy offers excellent training in various forms of martial arts.
For Queries and admissions, you can contact (Renshi) Mukesh Sukhwal on the below-mentioned contact detail.
Phone: +91-9982216011 /9636484019 /8696503409
Follow on facebook: www.facebook.com/mukeshsukhwal
Follow on Instagram: @leosukhwal