Winter Can be Hard on the Body
Winter is a season when a few people fall sick, catch flu, cold or cough and hence it is important for them to take care of their health. Sudden climatic changes and prevalence of lower temperatures cause infections develop faster. This year winter forUdaipurcame with drastic changes in the environmental scenario , it’s just the beginning of Winter season and we can feel a much higher as well as unexpected rainy season . We can term this season as BAd WINTERS . Though this season seems much more appealing for tourists 🙂 . Some are liking this season and for some it is proving tremendously bad Health and Fitness can make all that difference in one’s life. Nutrients are necessary for the proper functioning of mental, physical, metabolic, chemical and hormonal activities. The body is like a machine that will repair and rebuild itself if proper nutrition is provided by way of food.
You might not be able to spend your valuable time on complicated medications and diet controls, but, you can find articles to help you have a better living in winter using simple and easy tips.
Exercises invigorates the body and develops the immunity system and resistance power of the body to fight with the flu, cold and cough and other illnesses that frequent during the winter. A workout at a gym or any physical activity like walking, jogging, running, cycling performed for about 15-20 minutes provides immense warm to the body as a lot of heat is generated as the calories burn. Yoga so called as art of living really works beneficially in fighting with Cold and laziness.
People should always wear protective garments like sweaters and jackets to shield themselves from the cold winds and falling temperatures. Most of your body heat is lost through your head so wear a hat, preferably one that covers your ears.
Our bodies generate a lot of energy as a protection against the cold weather and chilly nights. Hence one of the most important winter health tips is to stay hydrated. Drink at least 2 liter of water daily.
We should include such items in our diet which contains fat or sweet, salty, citrus, nutritious and which provide strength to the body.
Wheat, millet, maize, gram, Kidney bean moong, moth, black gram, Lentil, etc. are especially beneficial. Besides, milk, clarified butter, Mawa, rabri, kheer, cream, sweets, etc., is foods that provide energy.
Other food items like groundnuts, dates, papaya, banana, apple and cheeku are also beneficial. It is good to eat dates boiled in milk two hours after the evening meals. The use of garlic is also beneficial. It is not necessary to take costly nutritious food items in winter. You should also take carrots, radish, tomatoes and cucumber in the form of salad. The juice of amla, carrots and tomatoes is also highly beneficial. Therefore, you can get good nutrition at a low cost.
Following food habits recommend for good health :
- Eating nuts and dry fruits (in limited quantities )like Almonds, Cashews, Pistachio, Walnut, Hazel nuts, Dates, Apricots will provide necessary vitamins, natural oils and provide required nutrients to keep the body warm.
- Use spices like Black pepper, Garlic, Onion, Cumin, Coriander, Ginger, Mustard seeds to help in the digestion and elimination of abdominal gases.
- Vegetables like drum sticks, spinach, green banana, fenugreek leaves (Methi), Mint leaves provides the necessary fiber and nutrition and at the same time are easily digestible.
- A glass of fresh warm milk with a pinch of turmeric and black pepper will boost the immunity.
- Freshly prepared warm food will enhance circulation and increase enzyme activity.
- Fruits rich in Vitamin C like Gooseberry (Amla), Orange, Lemon help flush out the toxins from the body.
- Fasting once a week at regular intervals is recommended to detoxify the body.
- Beauty sleep!
Money can’t buy the benefits of a good nights’ rest. Your oxygen levels will drop if you don’t get enough sleep, meaning that your cells will not be renewed as quickly. This is when degenerative skin aging sets in. Try to get seven, if not eight hours of rest a night to achieve absolutely gorgeous benefits!
COMMON COLD (SARDI) what is it?
Sardi or Common cold is an infectious disease of the upper respiratory system (nose and throat). Symptoms include sneezing, sniffling, runny nose, nasal congestion; scratchy, sore, or phlegm throat; coughing; headache; and tiredness.
Home Remedy for Common Cold :
- Prepare nose drops – Take 1/4 liter of water and boil it. Add salt and ginger to it. Using a cloth, apply it to the nostrils as required
- Mix onion juice and garlic juice and have it once a day. Onion provides a lot of heat which helps in reducing irritation in nose.
- Take one glass of warm water and pour some limejuice and a tsp of honey in it and consume it once or twice on a daily basis.
- Take a tbsp of carom seeds (ajwain), crush and tie them properly in a muslin cloth. Inhale in case of nose blockage. A similar small bundle placed near the pillow of sleeping children relieves congestion.
Home Remedy for Cough :
- Regular gargling with warm salt water or warm decoction of Triphala with salt will prevent throat infections.
- Take three black peppers and add a pinch of black cumin seeds and salt to it before consuming. On a hot pan, burn a clove by stirring, add pinch of salt for taste. Keep it in your mouth and suck it.
- Grapes help a great deal in treating cold in a few days. Consume 1 cup grapes juice and also add 1-teaspoon honey to it.
- Almonds are excellent for dry coughs. Soak about five almonds in water and keep them overnight. Next morning peel off the brown skin. Now grind them to form a powder and add twenty grams each of butter and sugar and form a paste. Consume it twice a day, once in the morning and the second time in the evening.
- Take 8-10 Basil (Tulsi) leaves and wash well. To 1 cup of water, add these tulsi leaves, 1-2 cloves of garlic (lahsun), ½” piece ginger, crushed and 4-5 black peppers (saboot kali mirch). Boil the water and keep simmering on fire till the quantity is reduced to ¼ cup. Cool. Strain. Add 1 teaspoon honey. Drink this every morning.
- Increase intakes of liquid in form of soup. Tomato soup, Mushroom soup, Spinach (palak) Soup, Corn soup and vegetable soups are healthy options during winter.
- Drink herbal tea in winter as the nutrient. Herbal tea cures us from headache, stomachache and immunity problems.
So Keep yourself Healthy and Enjoy this Winter !!!!!!!!!!