World Living Heritage Festival (WLHF) is a 4-day mega festival which brings together a variety of artists, academicians, activists and student delegates of India as well as overseas and works as a forum of Knowledge exchange. The event is organized by the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Trust (MMCF) and the venue of the same will be The City Palace.
The 4th edition of the World Living Heritage Festival is meant to celebrate the rich cultural diversity of Mewar, India as well as the world. Moreover, the event will witness a variety of speakers including scholars from architecture, urban planning and heritage conversation, scholars from humanities and social sciences, representatives from Government of India, Government of Rajasthan, foreign government, and representatives from UNESCO, ICOMOS, IHCN-F, national and international institutions, organizations, and NGOs.
The schedule of the 4-day festival beginning from 17th October will be as follows:
17th October 2018 (Day 1)
- The event will start with Ashwa Poojan which is an old tradition for the house of Mewar and is the expression for gratitude.
- The art and craft bazaar known as ‘Srajan’ will be inaugurated.
18th October 2018 (Day 2)
- The second day of the event will include sessions – Identifying Approaches to Living Heritage, workshops with local artists and artisans, musical concerts and dance performances.
Mudra School of Indian Classical Dance, Ahmedabad
Jogiyaar Mahabharata / Panduan Ke Kadde, New Delhi
19th October 2018 (Day 3)
- Heritage walk, sessions on temples, discussions, workshop with Sikligars and on Living Heritage documentation, concert, dance performance will be incorporated in day 3.
Kala Ashram College of Performing Arts, Udaipur
Nooran Sisters, Jalandhar
20th October 2018 (Day 4)
- Sessions on Oral traditions, their role, and impact, Workshop on the confluence of crafts, concert and a heritage walk.
Bharatanatyam by Kalangan Dance Company, New Delhi
(Disciples of Guru Jamuna Krishnan and Smt. Ragini Chandershekar)
Swarathma – Indian Folk Rock Band, Bengaluru
To know the full detailed schedule of the event, click here.
If you have any feedback regarding the article then share with us in the comment section below or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.