Yet another day, another new year is on our doors. It’s a time for celebration, a time to recollect our memories of the past year, a time to add one more year to our life full of experience of 365 hectic and productive days. All of us know that the end of this year 2012 has poured a very painful experience in our lap. A pain from which every citizen’s heart is crying. Perhaps many of us might have planned to pay homage to the brave girl Damini by not celebrating on this New Year’s Eve. And it should be because it has now become a matter of National shame.
We have also experienced and waited for the Doom’s Day, but it has also passed and paved us the way to re-think about our own planet, our home. It was a warning for all of us and we still have time to recover the loss that we have made to our mother nature.
Many of us would be busy in planning for their activities for coming year. Some of them have utilized their winter break with their family and to plan their business calendar for the coming year. Well, many of us would certainly have decided to take certain resolution for this New Year, which we do not follow most of the time. Let us take a look on some very popular New Year resolutions you can choose from:
- I would go for a morning walk.
- I would wake up early.
- I would join a gym.
- I would quit smoking / tobacco.
- I would avoid liquor (Just after the New Year’s celebration).
- I would eat healthier food.
- I would not eat Junk food.
- I would study and would do a lot of hard work.
- I would learn something new.
- I would save money.
- I would be helping.
- I would be organized and plan my work.
We know our self better than anyone else. It does not mean that you would never be able to follow the targets you have set for yourself. At times you may fail or might forget doing the things. Sometime you do irregular things to get out of your daily boring schedule. Everybody needs a change and there should be a change in your daily routine too. This is why we have one Sunday to enjoy a day to give rest to our body and to spend a full day with our family. Resolution is not a rule to get bound with. We make resolution to make our self a well organized human being. A human being who is responsible for himself, for his family, for his relatives, for his society and for his nation.
The kind of resolutions we have seen above must not be only mere resolutions, rather these must be our part of regular life. We are free to live our life in our own way, we must understand our priorities and we should know how far we can go with our decisions. Where it would be right and where it would get converted to wrong, this is all in our hands.
Let us start thinking in a broader way. The every resolution that we take is related to you only. Have you ever wondered to take a resolution which would make effect on a broader platform and would work in a greater scope? Yes, think upon it and give some time over it. Take a resolution this year which would help others to live in better surroundings. What could be such resolutions, which would not even help others but would also make you an active and responsible social human being? Let’s have a look on such resolutions:
- I would learn to respect women and would protest others who do so.
- I would plant a tree and take care of it as a child.
- I would be caring for the nature and give respect to every creature on this earth.
- I would not spread any kind of pollution in my city whether air, noise or any other form of it.
- I would try to keep my city neat and clean.
- I would behave while I drive on road.
- I would obey the traffic rules sincerely.
- I would help others if I found someone injured.
- I would make my city a best tourist place and would not spoil our lakes.
- I would involve myself in some social activity to help others.
- I would not encourage street beggars.
- I would not humiliate elders and would listen to them.
I think these are more than enough to describe here. Even a single resolution from the entire list is enough to change your life and others. It is evident that you cannot change others, but you can change yourself and then others would start following you. This is the best practice to change others. So, which resolution you would take at this New Year?
Image Credits: www.chronus.com