Can’t wait to have a plate of garma-garam pakodas and hot tea sip by the stalls? But stop, make sure that what you are eating is healthy or not.
Monsoon in my own definition is after scorching hot summer, the rainy showers, which are super relieving for us, and are a hello to joy and pleasure. Though monsoon lessens our sweat, but it also brings many problems with it due to sudden fluctuations in temperature and moisture.
So here, UdaipurBlog brings to you some do’s and don’ts, health and fashion tips so that you can gear up for these rains.
- Prepare your rain wears, raincoats, caps, umbrellas, waterproof shoes and plastic sheets. Keep plastic bags in your handbags also to prevent your belongings from getting wet in water.
- Go for a walk daily in the morning. The fresh monsoon air will refresh you and open your skin pores for happy skin and happy you.
- Don’t do heavy exercise. Instead go for yoga or simple aerobics.
- Always take a shower when you are rain soaked. Never wear wet clothes without washing and ironing, otherwise they may cause itching.
- Our skin becomes more prone to infections these days. So, do take care of your body hygiene. Add dettol or neem leaves to your bucket while taking bath.
- Apply anti-fungal talcum powder to the areas which are more prone to infections like armpits, etc.
- The moisture and temperature during rains are the favorable conditions for microbial growth. These also results in poor digestion.
- Therefore, while cooking, firstly wash all vegetables and fruits well, especially the leafy green as they may have hidden worms.
- Add light grilled and tandoori foods cooked in less oil and less salt, loads of seasonal fruits, cereals and vegetables to your meals instead of heavy oily foods.
- In breakfast we may add poha, sandwiches, egg, and cornflakes and avoid stuffed parathas.
- Load up your kitchen and dining tables with Vitamin-C. It is a good antioxidant which helps in viral cold.
- Add ginger to your servings. (Tea and dals).
- Avoid packed juices and junk food, of which most of us are used to.
- Drink boiled and purified water, homemade juices and soups only.
- Prepare your wardrobe to drive everyone crazy with your looks.
- Style yourself up with floral prints, pastel shades, sea blue, flora green. They all give you charming fresh look in the monsoons.
- Go for cotton fabrics, loose fitting pants or shorts. These are comfortable and casual and also do not cause any kind of skin allergies.
- Avoid high heels and slippery foot wears. Instead try wooden sole.
- Exclusively for girls:
- For glowing skin and healthy hair, apply 1 cup curd plus 1tsp of lime juice to skin and hair and wash off after 15 minutes under rain shower.
- If you are suffering from crack heel problems, then soak your feet in warm water with a pinch of salt for 20 minutes, then wash with cold water and dry with towel.
- A light body massage with mustard or olive oil is the need of season.
So take care of all the above, to stay healthy and charming and enjoy every treat of this awesome season outside.
Wish you all a very HAPPY and HEALTHY MONSOON.
Photograph By: Prasun Bannerjee