The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi took a major step to fight the COVID-19 pandemic by declaring a 21-day Complete Lockdown in India from March 25 midnight.
The PM addresses the nation on 24th March to announce the news of India Lockdown.
As soon as the announcement was broadcasted on national television, people in many parts of the city started thronging in at the shops to collect everyday essentials.
UdaipurBlog appeals to the people not to get panicked by this 21-day lockdown, as the government has issued advisories within minutes of Modi’s speech.
It has clarified that essential services like ration, vegetables, milk, petrol pumps, banks, medical stores will continue to operate. Government has assured the supply of essential commodities. Meanwhile, it is also trying to get the essentials delivered at the doorstep to avoid them to leave their homes.
Today is the first day of the 21-day lockdown. Here is the complete information on what is open and what is closed till 14 April.
These services will continue
- Banks, Insurance Offices and ATMs.
- Electronic and print media.
- Telecom, Internet services, broadcasting, cable services.
- Ration shops, grocery stores, fruit and vegetable shops, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish shops, animal feed shops under the PDS.
- Delivery of essential items like food, medicines, medical equipment through e-commerce.
- Petrol pumps, LPG retail and storage outlets.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
- Capital and debt market services, which have been notified by SEBI.
- Cold storage and warehouse services.
- Private Security Services.
- Defence, Central Armed Police Forces, Treasury, Disaster Management, Power Generation and Transmission Units
- Post Office, National Informatics Center, First Warning Giving Agencies.
- Transportation of essential commodities, fire, law and order and emergency services.
- Hotel, Home Stay, Lodge and Motel where people are stuck due to lockdown and where Tourist, Medical and Emergency Staff, Air Crew and Sea Crew are staying.
- Institutions that have been selected for the quarantine facility.
- Manufacturing units that manufacture essentials.
- After the approval of the State Government, such production units will also be able to remain operational, where continuous production takes place.
These will remain closed
- All types of industrial establishments will remain closed during the lockdown.
- Transport services – Air, rail and roadways services
- All types of teaching, training, research, coaching institutes
- All types of religious places will remain closed
Legal actions will be taken under the following conditions
All the people coming to India after February 15 and all those who have been quarantined home, will be taken legal action under Section 188 of the IPC if they move out of their homes.
What if I violate the rules?
There is a provision of 1 year or fine or both if the government officer’s work is interrupted or if people do not follow the instructions.
It can also be extended to a sentence of 2 years.
Provision of fine and fine up to 2 years for making false claims.
Provision of fine and fine up to 2 years if unaccounted money or goods are collected.
A provision of 1 year or fine if false claims are made about the warning.
If the government department defaults, then the head of the department will be responsible and action will be taken.