Today Udaipur Saw massive Eid-Milad-un-Nabi celebration where Muslims celebrated the birth of Prophet Mohammed. Milad-un-Nabi is also known as Barawafat or Mawlid.
The Birth anniversary of the Holy Prophet is remembered on 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal of the Islamic lunar calendar year by all Muslims. The Holy Quran was revealed by the Holy Prophet Muhammad. The same day marks the death anniversary of the Holy Prophet.
In India the Biggest Processions of Sunni Muslims are celebrated. Today more than 1 Lakh people gathered and covered almost 10-15 Kms of Udaipur City. The Procession was started from city centre from Anjuman passing through Ghanta Ghar, Hathi Pole, Silawat wadi, Chandpol, Ambavgarh, Mulla talai and finally ended at the Shrine of Hazrat Maulaana Zahirul Hasan Saahab Rehmatullah Alaih.
To celebrate the event whole city was decorated by Green flags and Lightning’s. In Procession people enjoyed the various dishes like Kheer, Mutton Pulao, Gajar Ka Halwa, Ice Creams, Sharbat, Badaam Shake etc.
- It is one of the biggest Procession of India celebrated by Sunni Muslims.
- Approx 1 Lakh people participated in the traditional Milad-un-Nabi procession, which was described as the biggest-ever.
- Procession of Milad-un-Nabi is continuously celebrated from 1965.
- The procession starts from Anjuman and ends at Shrine of Hazrat Maulaana Zahirul Hasan Saahab Rehmatullah Alaih.
- Procession covered the 10 Km city area.
Here are few snaps of Procession:
Article contributed by :
Raza Rahil Hussain.
Ajay kushwahOctober 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Har ghadi ho khushaal.ussi tarhan Mubarak ho aapko Eid ka yeh tyohaar! … apako vo har khusi de jinse ap G-1 me har din ied jaisa bana rahe *IED MUBARAK* …