Central Government on Sunday extended the nationwide lockdown further till May 31, 2020. However, this time the lockdown has come with more relaxations that are likely to open the economic activities in the country.
The Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India on Sunday has released a fresh set of guidelines on the measures to be taken by Ministries/Departments of GoI, State/UT Government for containment of COVID-19 in the country up to 31st May 2020.
As per the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), the following activities shall remain prohibited throughout the country under Lockdown 4.0:
- All domestic and international flights and metro rails will remain shut for the general public. Domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for security purpose are permitted.
- Schools, colleges, educational institutes, coaching, classes will also remain closed.
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services are prohibited. Restaurants will be permitted to operate kitchen for home delivery of food items.
- Movie halls, shopping malls, gyms, swimming pools, bars, auditorium and similar places cannot function during the lockdown. Sports complexes and stadiums are permitted to open but without an audience.
- Any gathering for social, political, sports, entertainment, religious activities is strictly prohibited.
- All religious places of worship will remain closed for public.
Following activities are permitted with restrictions in green and orange zones:
- Inter-state movement of passenger vehicle and buses.
- Intra-state movement of passenger vehicle and buses.
The delineation of Red, Orange and Green Zones will be decided by the respective State Government on the basis of parameters shared by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India.
Further, in the Red and Orange Zones, the respective District Administration will demarcate the Containment Zones and Buffer Zones on the basis of the guidelines laid by MoHFW.
Guidelines for Containment Zones released by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in Lockdown 4.0
According to the new guidelines released by the MoHFW, only essential activities will be allowed in the Containment Zones. These zones will have a strict perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones except for medical emergencies and for maintaining a supply of essential items.
Intensive contact tracing and house-to-house survey should be carried out in the Containment Zones.
As per the guidelines, the movement of individual will be strictly prohibited between 7 PM to 7 AM except for emergency activities. Besides, the guideline also mentions that vulnerable persons including people above 65 years of age, children below 10 years of age, pregnant women, and persons with other diseases should stay at home except for health purposes.
In order to ensure safety in offices and workplaces, should install and use Arogya Setu app.
Also, in lockdown 4.0, all the states will allow inter and intra-state movement of medical professionals, nurses and other health workers without any restrictions. Moreover, the movement of all types of goods/cargos including empty trucks will be allowed. No state will stop the movement of any type of goods for cross-border trade.
In the guidelines of Lockdown 4.0, the central has also issued National Directives for COVID-19 Management as below:
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all the public places.
- All the public places including shops, offices will ensure social distancing.
- Spitting in public and workplace will be a punishable offence with a fine.
- Social distancing in public places and public transport has to be followed by all.
- Marriage related gathering should ensure social distancing. Besides, a maximum of 50 guests will be allowed at such events.
- Similarly, in funerals/last rites gathering, a maximum of 20 people will be allowed while ensuring social distancing.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutkha, tobacco is not allowed in public places.
Directives for Workplace
- The practice of work from home should be followed if possible.
- Thermal scanning, hand wash, and sanitizer should be made available at all entry and exit points and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities and common areas should be ensured.
The Government of Rajasthan is to issue detailed guidelines for Lockdown 4.0 for the state on Monday.