Heya Udaipies, I am back with a new post now this is regarding our Udaipur’s Official NIC maintained website: udaipur.nic.in
This site is among one of the Top Results on the Keyword ‘Udaipur’ in Google.co.in. This Official site of Collectorate of Udaipur is supposed to portray Details about the statistic, education, agriculture and business of Udaipur or maybe more. 😉
Anyways it has been more than 7 years I am seeing this website with the same design, no major changes… In this long-time span, I saw a lot major changes in the way how websites in the world are created, maintained and managed; and seriously this website implies nothing. It still looks like a website of 1990’s 🙁
Even though Udaipur being the Hub of Tourism this website does not portray any good content related to Tourism. Again, that is what disappoints me the most; the official website of Udaipur has got nothing to do with TOURISM:| now here you can see the lack of interest of our government to promote tourism online. 🙁
The Left bar Navigation Menu Links us to:
• Home: The Main Page
• Administrative Set Up: Details of Administrative structure of Udaipur
• Distances: Distance of Udaipur from various other important cities
• Festivals: Festivals celebrated in Udaipur.
• Geographical Location: Geographical details of Udaipur (Last Updated on 2009)
• Deptmental Order/Circular: Departments of Collectorate
• Inspection (Absentee Government Employee)
• District Revenue Official (Mobile No CUG)
• Right to Information
• About NIC: Projects Undertaken At NIC – Unit Udaipur
1. Please get a ‘New Web Design’ – suiting the latest web standards other than basic HTML 🙁 . If your need some reference how a better NIC website from Rajasthan looks like, then, please check: jaipur.nic.in
2. At least focus on TOURISM – for which Udaipur is known.
3. Get some quality content associated with Udaipur and its places to visit.
4. Get a Photo Gallery of Udaipur, which shows all the important places of Udaipur.
5. Get better in terms of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of the website. Add Meta Keywords, Meta Description in your website codes.
6. Go social, make your social presence on various websites likes Facebook or Twitter so that people can connect with you directly, share their problems and get answers to questions.
I found an address on left bar menu of Udaipur.nic.in, and I am dropping them an Email let’s see how quickly they respond and serve us with their valuable comments related to Udaipur. (email@example.com)
Site Developed & Maintained by
National Informatics Centre,
District Unit, Udaipur (Rajasthan),
Nodal Officer-Dr. Prabhat Kumar Singhal (Assistant Director – PR) 0294-2415077 (O)
I would also suggest you to checkout post of Fellow site of Udaipur (UdaipurTimes.com) which also described the same issues with udaipur.nic.in : A Beautiful City With Outdated Website. Recently, Rajasthan Patrika also made a post in Udaipur’s Edition for similar issues. I hope this time our Government of Udaipur, Collectorate and other officials will seriously listen and work over this issue and at least come up with something better. 😉