Today the thing which is threatening people the most is H1N1 flu. This virus has spread all across the globe to a large extent. The disease caused due to this virus is named swine flu as its origin is from pig. It’s a very dangerous virus but it can be cured if proper treatment is taken at the initial stage.
Our city is also in hold of this virus. Many people are found positive of H1N1 virus and several died. In Udaipur district men are more caught by H1N1 flu as compared to the number of women. Till now there are 105 positive cases in the district out of which 57 are men while the number of women with this virus is 48. The highest number of positive cases is found among the age group of 26-50. This thing is reveled after examining the reports of the positive patients from 20 August to 27 December. In this research with the M.B. hospital the laboratories under state government were also included. Not only in the district are the number of male victims found larger in the state also. In past four months 2944 patients were found to be positive out of which 1708 were men while the number of women found to be positive was 1236 in Rajasthan. Among these the maximum figure of positive cases are in the age group of 6-15 while in Udaipur district 21 positive cases were found in this age group.
There were 7 positive cases in Rajsamand out of which 1 died likewise in Chittorgarh there were 18 positive cases and 3 died. In Pratapgarh and Dungarpur there was no positive case. In Banswada there was one positive case while in Udaipur city there were 83 positive out of which 7 died.
To fight from H1N1 flu we need to know about the symptoms so that if we are infected by this disease we can take proper treatment on right time. The symptoms of swine flu are:
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Lack of appetite
It is said that prevention is better than cure, so the methods to prevent swine flu are:
- Covering nose and mouth with a tissue upon coughing and sneezing followed by proper disposal of the tissue.
- Avoiding contact with ill persons.
- Avoiding the urge to touch nose, mouth and eyes in general.
- Staying home from work and/or school upon onset and for the duration of symptoms.
- Assuring adequate and thorough handwashing and use of alcohol based hand cleansers (in the absence of proper handwashing facilities).
- Providing tissues in common areas of homes, common and public areas.
- Encouraging pursuit of medical evaluation at earliest onset of symptoms.
- Use of masks to those who are exhibiting symptoms or who are ill.
- Maintenance of a 3 to 6 foot perimeter around a coughing patient.
Keeping these measures will help to reduce the sum of positive cases. This will help in the development of not only our city but of the whole country. Be careful, take proper preventive measures and contribute in vanishing H1N1 flu.