Day by day the City of Lakes is developing and expanding its periphery as a tourist hub. Famous for its lakes, havelis and luxe hotels the city added one more tourist spot, the Wax Museum. Situated at Sajjangarh Road, the wax museum is a great attraction for tourists.
Interesting facts about the Udaipur Wax Museum
- It is designed as well as inspired by the theme similar to that of the celebrity wax museum at Madame Tussauds, London
- The Wax Museum, Udaipur is the fifth wax museum in India and one of its kind in Rajasthan
- There are 15 statues in total at the Wax Museum, Udaipur
- Earlier there were statues of Hollywood celebrity like Barrack Obama, Michael Jackson, Bruce Willis, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Arnold, Harry Potter, which are replaced by Indian Celebs as of now.
- Right now, there are 15 statues, which all are of Indian celebrities like APJ Abdul Kalam, Kalpana Chawla, Mother Teresa, Sachin Pilot, Sachin Tendulkar, Amit Shah, Mahatma Gandhi, Amrita Devi Bishnoi, Maharana Pratap, Padmini, Meera Bai, PM Narendra Modi, LakshyaRaj Singh Mewar, Panna Dhai. There is a statue of Mr. Bean in addition to all these Indian Celebs.
- The statues go for maintenance which takes around 6 months and after every two years, the statues are replaced with new ones.
- The statues are procured from London
- Each statue costs 15 lac Indian Rupees
- All the wax statues are kept in an Air Conditioning room maintaining a constant temperature of 32 degrees
- The Wax Museum, Udaipur has a horror house, 9D cinema, mirror maze other the wax statues
You can visit the official site of wax museum at Udaipur at Wax Museum Udaipur
Udaipur Wax Museum Tickets:
Wax Museum: Rs. 150
Horror Show: Rs. 100
9 D Cinema: Rs. 150
Mirror Maze: Rs. 80
Combo Pack: Rs. 300
Timings of the Udaipur Wax Museum: 9am to 9pm
The wax museum was inaugurated by Lakshya Raj Singh Mewar of Udaipur in 2016. The museum attracts not only Udaipurites but also a lot of Indian and International tourists. It is a great addition to the city and as photography is allowed, it serves as a superb selfie point for people to have their photographs clicked with celebrities.
Tell us your experience at the Udaipur Wax Museum, did you love it/got amazed by the statues?
Photos By: Siddharth Nagar & Wax Museum Management