Dungarpur was founded in 1197 by Samant Singh, the eldest son of the ruler of Mewar, Karan Singh .The district has an area of 3,770 km² .The district is roughly triangular in shape. The Mahi River runs along the western edge of the district, forming the boundary with Banswara District. The Som River, a tributary of the Mahi, runs along the northern edge of the district, largely forming the boundary with Udaipur District. The district is bounded on the east by the state of Gujarat.
Some Famous Places In Dungarpur:
- Udai Bilas Palace
- Shrinathji temple
- Government Archaeological Museum
- Shri Adinatha Jain Swetamber Temple
- Khadagada ShreeShetrapalji Temple
- NagPhani Parshwanath
How To Reach:
The nearest airport is Udaipur, approx 110 Km from Dungarpur.
The nearest railway station from Dungarpur is Ratlam (Madhya Pradesh), which is 80 km away and connected to major cities and towns of the country.
A network of roads connects Dungarpur to cities and towns of Rajasthan and North India. State transport as well as private bus service is easily available for different cities and towns.
Visit: http://www.dungarpur.nic.in/ For More Details.
(Send us Any more Details that you would like to contribute to Dungarpur District Article)