After having more than 10,000 patients in mere 24 hours and more than 1000 cases in Udaipur for the first time, the Rajasthan Government decided to impose a 15-day lockdown in the entire state. Shop owners, malls, religious places, educational institutions, etc. are at the receiving end of this recently imposed lockdown. The said period for Jan Anushasan Pakhwada is from April 19 (from 5 am) to May 3, 2021 (till 5 am). Everything will remain shut except the essential services. The home department released new instructions late Sunday night, and the lockout time has been dubbed ‘Public Discipline Fortnight.’ Offices, with the exception of those related to essential facilities, shall remain closed. People were already going through the weekend lockdown on 17th and 18th April. Although the supplies for essential items remain open, the new guidelines are not in favour of the retail and wholesale lot.
The curfew will be applied to whom
Who all are restricted to go out? This is the most asked question after the 15-day lockdown news.
We know that you are still confused about what will remain open and what won’t. Well, that is why we are here to clear out your confusion about the new curfew in our city and the entire state.
No Restrictions: Places that will remain open during the new lockdown aka Jan Anushasan Pakhwada
- As per the new lockdown, retail and wholesale shops selling milk, dairy, grocery products, mandis, fruits and vegetables, and livestock shall remain open by 5 pm. However, it is advised to get the above products through home delivery. You would only be allowed to sell items from the store under exceptional situations.
- Vegetable and fruit vendors will be allowed to sell their goods till 7 pm. Essential items can be sold through hand cart (thela), cycle-rickshaw, auto-rickshaw, and mobile van.
- Petrol pumps will be open till 8 pm.
- Public transport services will continue to operate in the city for the easy commute of the common mass.
- Government ration shops (PDS) will be open for the whole week.
- Government offices connected with essential services will remain open. Employees have to show ID cards.
- Factory work, as well as other forms of production units, will resume. MNREGA projects will begin in the villages, and NREGA employees will be given fair pay.
- Civil Defence, Fire Brigade, and Emergency Service, District Administration, Home, Finance, Police, Jail, Home Guard Control Room and War Room, District Administration, Home, Finance, Police, Jail, Home Guard Control Room and War Room, Civil Defense, Fire Brigade, and Emergency Service Disaster Management, Food and Civil Supplies, Municipal Corporations, City Development Practices, Electricity, Drinking Water, Telephone, Health, Family Welfare, Medical care will remain open.
- Passengers travelling by bus, railway, metro station and airport will be allowed to travel after showing travel tickets.
- Passengers arriving in the state will have to show the RT-PCR test report done within 72 hours of starting the journey.
- Patients and pregnant women will be allowed to visit hospitals.
- Private hospitals, labs, medical, paramedical and staff members of such types will be able to operate.
- Load trucks carrying merchandise across federal and state boundaries, loading and unloading of goods, personnel involved in these activities, national and state highway dhabas, and automobile repair shops will all remain operational.
- Farmers will be allowed in mandis only to sell goods. It is obligatory to show a permission letter to sell goods both at the time of arrival as well as sales receipt or bill at the time of departure.
- People above 45 years of age who have already registered themselves for vaccination will be allowed to go for Corona Vaccination after showing their respective IDs.
- Newspapers can be distributed between the given timeframe of 4 am to 8 am. Employees in the media sector will be allowed to commute after showing ID cards.
- Maximum 50 people can attend the wedding. (Find the Wedding Rules & Guidelines article to get more information on obtaining wedding permissions)
- Not more than 20 people are allowed at the funerals.
- Scheduled Competitive test-takers will be allowed to visit with Admission Card.
- Medical shops (medical equipment shops) will remain open.
- Essential items such as medical equipment, food items, pharmaceuticals, etc. will be allowed to be distributed through e-commerce.
- Processed food, restaurants, sweet shops will be allowed home delivery until 8 pm.
- Telecom, Internet services, postal services, courier facilities, broadcast and cable services, IT and IT-related services shall remain open.
- Banks, ATMs, and insurance offices will be open, bank-insured workers will have to carry ID cards.
- Making and distribution of food in Indira Rasoi will be done till 8 pm.
- Cold storage and warehousing services will continue.
- Private security services will operate.
- Construction-related units and industries will be allowed to work, employees working in the factory will have to show ID cards.
Who is restricted to operate during the lockdown?
- Local markets, malls, shopping complexes are not allowed to operate.
- Government offices except for essential services.
- Theatres and religious spots shall remain closed.
- Educational institutions, libraries, coaching classes will be closed.
- Public, social, political, sports, cultural, entertainment, and religious ceremonies are prohibited for the time being.
- Any kind of fair or procession is restricted.
- Workplaces, markets, commercial establishments will be closed.
So, this was all you need to know about the new guidelines issued by the Rajasthan Government for the fortnight lockdown. UdaipurBlog urges you to maintain social distancing at any cost, wear a mask, work on your immunity, and sanitize yourself as much as possible. Stay Safe, Udaipurites!