Our city – Udaipur is completely filled with beauty in and out. And this beauty is not reflected in just its history, culture and its places, but also in its people. There are some gem of the people belonging from Udaipur who, with their hard work and success, have not just made the city but the entire nation proud.
But sadly, with time we tend to forget the accomplishment of such people of the city. The series ‘People from Udaipur you should know about’ tends to glorify the journey of these famous and triumphant people from Udaipur who have become an epitome of success in their lives.
Aindrita Ray is an Indian Film actress appearing majorly in Kannada films. She was born in Udaipur as the youngest daughter in a Bengali family. She spent her entire childhood here and later moved to Mumbai. Her father Mr. A.K. Ray being a prosthodontist in the Indian Air Force had to move to one place to another along with his family. After some time, they finally settled in Bangalore.
Along with her studies, she did part-time modeling and also appeared in many advertisements back then which paved her way into the film industry. She began doing Kannada films and worked in a few short films as well.
Ray made her acting debut in 2007, starring Meravanige and after that, there was no looking back for her. She appeared in several successful films after that establishing herself as a leading contemporary Kannada actress. Before that, in the year 2006, she was also seen in the movie Jackpot.
In the year 2009, Aindrita Ray appeared in Vaayuputra along with Chiranjeevi Sarja. After that, she made a brief appearance in the successful film Love Guru. She got her biggest break in the film Junglee followed by her most successful film Manasaare where she was appreciated by the public for her role of a mentally challenged girl. The movie made her win many awards and accolades for her role including Suvarna Award for Best Actress and a nomination for Filmfare Awards.
Some of her other works are:
- Mast Maja Maadi – Kannada film in the year 2008
- Nooru Janmaku – Kannada film in the year 2010
- Nannavanu – Kannada film in the year 2010
- Veera Parampare – Kannada film in the year 2010 (Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress)
- Paramathma – Kannada film in the year 2011 (Nominated for SIIMA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress)
- Kaanchana – Kannada film in the year 2011
- Bhajarangi – Kannada film in the year 2013 (Nominated for SIIMA Award for Best Actress, Filmfare Award for Best Actress)
- Love in Hyderabad – Telugu film in the year 2013
- Bachchan – Bengali in the year 2014
- Niruttara – Kannada film in the year 2016 (Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress)
- Coming Back – Hindi film in the year 2018 (Bollywood Debut)
Such a great talent from Udaipur has been gifted to the Indian Film industry. And we were completely unaware about it. We wish Aindrita a lot of successful movies in the upcoming years.
Do you have feedback regarding the article? Or have something to share of your own? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to feature your story.