This article was last updated on 26 April 2021
Amid the rising cases of corona in the state, the Rajasthan government on Friday announced stricter guidelines for the lockdown period. The state’s home department issued these guidelines in addition to the restrictions already imposed since 19th April 2021 under “Jan Anushasan Pakhwada”.
Here is all you need to know about the latest guidelines issued by Rajasthan Government:
- Retail and wholesale shops of grocery, food items, cattle feed and flour mills will be allowed to open from 6 am to 11 am from Monday to Friday.
- Mandis, vegetable and fruit shops are allowed to open from 6 am to 5 pm. (this amendment has been made on 25th April 2021)
- Vendors selling fruits and vegetables on hand carts, e-rickshaws, vans etc. will also be allowed from 6 am to 11 am daily.
- Milk shops will be allowed to open in the morning from 6 am to 11 am and in the evening from 5 pm to 7 pm.
- Shops selling processed food, restaurants and sweet shops will remain closed and only home delivery will be permitted.
- Banks, insurance services will be allowed to operate from 10 am to 2 pm only.
- Marriage ceremonies will be limited to a one-day event for 3 hours with not more than 50 persons in attendance. Government employees will monitor the wedding programmes to ensure that the guests don’t flout the norms.
- Except for medical emergencies and essential services, the movement of private vehicles from one city to another has been restricted with effect from Monday, April 26.
- Intra-state buses will operate with 50 per cent capacity.
- Government offices will remain closed except for those directly engaged in COVID management.
- Fuel stations will be open for private vehicles from 7 am to 12 noon.
Besides, the state government has also imposed a weekend curfew in the entire state which will be effective from Friday 6 PM to Monday 5 AM. During this period, only emergency and essential services will be allowed. This will include people going for vaccination, hospital or banking services and those travelling to and from bus stands, railway stations and airports.
The new guidelines will come into effect from Sunday, 25th April and will be effective till May 3rd 2021.