It is rightly said that “ Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…rather it’s more about learning to dance in the rain”. Usually, monsoons are considered dark and gloomy, which is absolutely a fallacy. And particularly if you are in Udaipur it cannot be monotonous, knowing that it is one of the best monsoon destinations in India.
People in Udaipur are always ready to fasten their seatbelts to hop on to the nearby areas during monsoon instead of merely sitting inside homes and sipping tea with pakoras. Monsoons are extremely pleasurable and one cannot make an omelette without breaking an egg, so get ready to get wet.
One such ideal place to visit during monsoon is Bagheri ka Naka which is a picnic spot for locals. Bagheri ka Naka is a small dam, nearly 50 km away from Udaipur in the Rajsamand district which is named after the village Bagheri.
The place is a feast to the photographers’ eye, having lush green Aravali hills offering a perfect backdrop for the frame. The place usually gets flooded with people during rains when the water from the dam overflows. Moreover, it falls on the Udaipur-Kumbhalgarh lane which itself is a picturesque site where you can witness clouds kissing the mountains and thus a perfect place for a family getaway.
Do’s and Dont’s
- The place is in the interior of the village and you cannot find shops or good restaurants on the way or nearby area, hence it will be good to take food and some refreshment along.
- The place is an excellent destination for photography enthusiasts, thus make sure that you do not forget to carry your camera or smartphones.
- There is a pathway leading to the top of the dam, which offers a complete 360-degree view of the dam and the lake. It is suggested to wear comfortable trekking footwear so that you can easily climb the rocky track that leads to the dam.
- Most people visit during monsoon to enjoy the overflow of water from the dam. Be cautious while you step in the water, since running water may cause a casualty.
- Be very cautious while you step in the water, the base may be slippery which might cause you to fall.
- Special precautions must be taken if you are taking kids along, at the same time adults should be watchful during the time the dam overflows.
Best Time to Visit
Monsoon is probably the best time to visit Bageri ka Naka because the dam overflows and that just doubles the beauty of this place. Locals usually prefer to visit during weekends but for a traveller, any day can be the best day.
How to reach
The place is nearly 50 km and a more than an hour ride from Udaipur since the roads are narrow and not very well developed. This place can also be reached from Nathadwara and is merely 31 km from there. Private cars or taxis are the best options, however, if you are a true adventurer you can travel through a bike as well.