India’s leading private radio FM network 92.7 BIG FM and Avon cycles have joined hands and taken an initiative to make the city green, by following it themselves, and are all set to start a mega cycling event across the country: AVON BIG Greenothon.
This campaign has been launched in 45 cities all across the country. This event will appeal all the Indians to go green and save the environment.
“The Greenothon will engage the citizens of India to one unique pledge to cycle to work at least once a week,” said the 92.7 BIG FM statement.
In Udaipur, our own morning RJ Pradeep Pandey has consented and promised the Udaipies to go eco-friendly, and reach the Big office and then our radio sets by using the non polluting two wheeler-bicycle.
For the great cause, the sponsors Avon cycles have provided our favourite Big RJ with Avon Jockey, a cool new launch by Avon cycles Pvt. Ltd.
“Soon after the Greenothon, one lucky listener from Udaipur would be selected and would stand to win an AVON JOCKEY bicycle! – autographed by the RJ,” the company handout said. The Avon Jockey, is worth Rs 10,000. The bicycle will be put to display at OMG, RK Mall.
AVON CYCLE – JOCKEY
All you have to do is follow the simple procedure:-
Reach your cellphones and type
FM <space> <name> <space> Greenothon and send it to 55454
One lucky winner with the highest messages will be getting an Avon Jockey.
BIG FM Team
- Speaking about the event Shashank Pathak, Station Head, 92.7 BIG FM, said: “We at BIG FM are always trying to reach out to the people of the LakeCity and in this process we try to positively impact the lives of every listener, the idea of Greenothon came from our listeners, I am proud of RJ Pradeep that he took the initiative of starting this activity and now full team of BIG FM is supporting him to bring the change.”
- Speaking about the joint initiative, Onkar Singh Pahwa, Managing Director, Avon Cycles said, “Avon Big Greenothon will prove to be our first step towards promoting cycling on such a large scale. Now people across the country will cycle for a cause and we hope that every concerned citizen of our country will come out and cycle their way to change not only perceptions but the future.”
- “Everyone says it, but we will do it.” Says RJ Pradeep Pandey. RJ Pradeep is a well known figure in Udaipur and needs no introduction. Udaipur listens to him every morning in his show Laughter Mornings , where he addresses Udaipurites RJ-27 (RJ-Sattais)
- “We will do it, and hope Udaipur supports our initiative and follows us”, says the most versatile RJ Jeet. He gives his voice to the shows Baato-Baato mein(every Sat. 8:00-11:00pm), and 90’s hits(Mon-Fri, 4:00-6:00 pm).
- “People tend to follow their icons in trends, fashion, lifestyle, so we planned it to divert it in an eco-friendly manner” says RJ Kedar, who makes Udaipur wait eagerly for the only Rajasthani show of India- Rajasthani geeta ri manwar, 11-12 noon every Mon-Sat.
In addition to this step, the complete city will be witnessing Greenothon-a cycling marathon sponsored by Avon cycles on 9th December 2010. All the Big RJs, as well as the complete Staff of Big 92.7 FM will be participating into it. Its upon the udaipies now to make their valuable presence in the Greenothon.
The rally will begin at 8:00 am onwards from Chetak and will end at Fatehsagar, with presence of all the known faces and dignitaries of Udaipur.
- Mrs. Rajni Dangi
- Dr. Pradeep Kumawat
- N.C. Jain
About Big 92.7 FM- this is India’s largest private Radio network, a unit of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Broadcast Network. The broadcast technology used in their radio stations is most advanced and years ahead of the other competitors.
The station, with a tag-line of “Suno-sunaao, life banaao” runs successfully at the following places
- Shimla Aired on frequency 91.9 MHz, Launched in July 2009
And in Singapore also, outside India .