Rajasthan Government issued guidelines for people who are planning to travel internationally for education, work opportunities or as part of the Indian contingent for the Tokyo Olympics. The state government has allowed early administration of the second dose of Covishield for such beneficiaries if their travel dates fall before the period of the 84-day gap.
Who all are eligible to take an early second dose of vaccine?
- Students who have to travel abroad for the purposes of education.
- Individuals taking up jobs in foreign countries.
- Athletes, sportspersons and accompanying staff of the Indian contingent attending the International Olympic Games be held in Tokyo.
In normal cases, the recommended gap between two doses of Covishield is 12 weeks minimum. However, the government issued new guidelines for those who have to visit abroad before August 31. These people can get the second dose after 28 days (4 weeks) of receiving the first dose.
People are required to meet the following criteria to avail the second dose vaccination, earlier than the recommended scheduled:
- The date of international travel should fall between the 84 days waiting period of the two doses
- People need to produce proof of travel, such as employment letters for work and enrollment or acceptance letters for educational opportunities. They can also show proof of an interview call
- Nomination to participate in the Tokyo Olympics.
These beneficiaries must link their passports as ID document for vaccination. If any other document was attached during the first dose, the details of the same will be printed on the final certificate. Authorities have been tasked to issue another document, linking the passport to the vaccination certificate, in such cases.
How to register for vaccination if you are travelling abroad.
- Login to https://covidinfo.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Click on e-Intimation for Prior Vaccination (Foreign Travel) option.
- You will be redirected to https://ssoapps.rajasthan.gov.in/foreigntravel/Registration page.
- Fill in the required details and upload the necessary documents – Passport copy, Admission Letter (Education)/Appointment Letter (Employment)/Participation Letter (Tokyo Olympics).
The beneficiaries will be slated for an early jab after they upload the required documents. According to the sources, the CoWIN portal will soon allow people to schedule the 2nd vaccination slot, for the exceptional cases mentioned above.
Ashutosh SharmaSeptember 6, 2021 at 5:58 pm
I have applied , but haven’t got any update, status still showing as Pending. Is there a contact email id , to ask them about the status. TIA
Sanjit ChohanSeptember 8, 2021 at 6:05 pm
Connect with District Collector or ADM Office.