Udaipur is well connected by roads, railways, and air. Every year lacs of tourist flock to the City of Lakes and if you too are planning to spend your vacations here then this article will come handy. Udaipur has a domestic airport named after the famous Mewar ruler, Maharana Pratap and is called the Maharana Pratap Airport after him.
It is also colloquially known as Dabok Airport as it is located in the area called Dabok. The airport is spread over an area of 500 acres with the new terminal building covering 2,500 square meters. It was a military airport used for transportation of ammunition to the soldiers. The Dabok Airport is reputed for the ILS system that is used by the ATC (air traffic control).
Major Flights from Udaipur
|Destination City||Time Taken|
|New Delhi (DEL)||1h|
|Mumbai (BOM)||1h 20m
|Chennai (MAA)||2h 35m|
Information About All the Flights
The Maharana Pratap Airport is well-connected to major cities of India including Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, and Kolkata, Goa, Cochin, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
You can see the arrival and departure timings HERE
Maharana Pratap Airport Terminals
- One boarding gate on the ground level
- Two aerobridges on the first level
- The total area of the terminal is 12,000 square meters
- 6 check-ins and 3 security counters.
- The capacity of the domestic terminal is 300 each for departures and arrivals.
- Chartered airlines provide services for the Indian Air Force and the Border Security Forces.
Services and Facilities at the Maharana Pratap Airport
- Free trolleys
- Childcare room
- Wheelchairs and other medical facilities
- ATM services and phone booths
- Tourist information center
Distance from the City
The Maharana Pratap Airport is located at a distance of 22 km from the city center.
How to Reach the Airport
Public, as well as private taxis or cabs, can be taken to reach the airport.