The count down begins for the week long grand youth festival happening first time in the city of Lakes. With just three days left the spectacular event will witness vibrant colors of Rajasthan with cultural events, folk dances and other colorful events bringing in light the theme of the event for 2011 which is ‘Sabse Pehle Bharat ‘ .
The Jointly organized event by Government of India and Government of Rajasthan will witness the participation of 5000 participants across 35 states and union territories from India. And for the first time National Youth Festival will witness the gracious presence of delegates from SAARC and ASEAN. The neighboring nations of Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have also confirmed their participation in the fest.
Udaipur and Udaipies are all set to be the host of this national event and feel delightful and gracious about the ceremonial youth fest. With all the warm welcomes (Padhaaro mhare des) and mewadi “shaan and satkaar” the event will prove to be a grand success in the history of Udaipur.
The city shines like diamond to welcome its guests and give them a taste of splendid mewadi culture,and eye pleasing landscapes of the lakes, which filled and overflowed recently The administration is all well set at its place to leave no space for any misconduct during the week long fest. Roads are being made into even the most untouched areas. Road dividers, tourist places are being painted. Almost every possible renovation work is being conducted.
The week long fest will be inaugurated by His Excellency Dr Hamid Ansari, the Vice president of India. On 12 january 2011, His Excellency Shri Shivraj Patil, Governor of Rajasthan will be the guest of honor at the inaugural ceremony of NYF 2011.
To make it even bigger the event will Witness:
- Punjabi singer Jasbir Jassi performing at inaugural day ceremony on January 12 night at B.N College venue.
- Sudhesh Bhosle and his troop to perform on the evening of January 13 at M.B. Stadium Udaipur.
- Rock Show on January 14 evening at M.B. Stadium which will see live band performances by Misty Rhythms, Soul mate – The Blue Band from Shillong, Parikrima Rock Band and many more.
- “Yuva Kriti “ the handcraft exhibition featuring the beautiful products of young artisians from all across India to be held at Seren Shiplgram in Udaipur from January 12 to 16 as part of NYF 2011.
- Mouth Watering Delicacies: forty stalls serving the delicious food from all regions of India to be held at Shilpgram from January 12 to 16.
- The closing day ceremony will see adventurous stunts by Indian Army men performing “Daredevil show“ , Indian Airforce men “Skydiving” and to end with a musical Military Band performance by Indian Army.
For a detailed schedule scheme click here
A Woooowing week waiting for every one out there ……. DO NOT MISS IT….
– By Ronak Chauhan